United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) will convene the 8th Congress in conjunction with an International Conference titled “From Steady Recovery to Sustained Prosperity in Post COVID-19 Asia Pacific.” It will be held from 7 to 9 September 2021. And it will be co-hosted by the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC) and Zhengzhou Municipal People’s Government, with support and participation from partners at the regional and global levels.
To enliven the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress and raise awareness of COVID-19’s responses and recovery, a photo competition will be held. This photo competition is expected to capture the recovery efforts from the COVID-19 pandemic. It is open to the public and all participants could submit their photos virtually/online.
The main theme of the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress is “From Steady Recovery to Sustained Prosperity in Post-COVID-19 Asia Pacific.”
Drawn from the main theme, there are 4 categories of theme for the photo competition, with 1 winner in each category, namely:
Community Efforts on COVID-19 Recovery: Participants need to be able to capture photos that show the joint efforts of the community/grassroots in dealing with the pandemic
Economic and COVID-19 Recovery: Participants need to be able to capture photos that convey the economic situations of people during the pandemic
Creativity in Crisis: Participants need to be able to capture photos that portray the creativity of people to cope and maintain their livelihood during this pandemic
Blessing in Disguise: Participants need to be able to capture photos illustrating the ‘blessing in disguise’ from COVID-19 pandemic.
Rules and Regulations
- The photo/s must be original, created, and/or taken by participant;
- The submitted photo/s must be free of any binding agreement with a third party, such as any forms of copyright.
- If the submitted images include minors, or models/subjects incapable of explicitly consenting to being photographed, the applying participant may be required to provide a written consent of the subject’s parents/custodians to use the image, according to circumstances.
- The photo/s should be in high quality (Min. 10 MB), to be submitted in JPG format
- All photos must be submitted via email to email@example.com, with email subject: UCLG ASPAC Photo Competition_[Name of Applicants] (E.g., Email Subject: UCLG ASPAC Photo Competition_John Doe)
- Each participant (identified by the email address and short bio provided) may submit a max of 3 (three) photos only.
- Participants must provide the description of each photo in the body email (Max. 100 words/ photo)
- Enclose your Short Bio (Max.450 words). Photo description and participant bio must be in English.
Prize and Awards
- There will be 1 winner from each category and 1 favorite winner from the voting conducted on the UCLG ASPAC Congress website
- Each winner will get a certificate and a prize of 500 USD
- Application opens on 22 June 2021 and closes at 23.59, 08 August 2021, Jakarta time (GMT +7)
- The winner of every category will be announced during the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress on Thursday, 9 September 2021.
- Favorite award voting will be conducted from 16th August 2021 until 31st August 2021
- UCLG ASPAC reserves the right to change these dates, and to publish the new dates on the UCLG ASPAC’s website and/or social media.
Should you have any questions and/or clarifications, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject: Photo Competition_Questions_[Name]. (E.g., Email Subject: Photo Competition_ Questions_John Doe)
For more detailed information, please click here.