Deadline: 31 January 2019
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organization (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region. The Secretariat of UCLG ASPAC is located in Jakarta and hosted by the Provincial Government of Jakarta.
UCLG ASPAC’s missions are: (a) to promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members; (b) to ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities; (c) to be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations; (d) to promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance; (e) to promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralized cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations; and (f) to promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
UCLG ASPAC is currently calling for applications from qualified candidate to fill in the post of Finance and Administrative Manager under the European Union (EU) Project (CSO-LA/2018/396-784) on LEAD for SDGs: Local Empowerment, Advocacy and Development for SDGs Localization in Pakistan. The project aims to contribute to the achievement of SDGs in Pakistan by fostering an enabling environment for mainstreaming SDGs in local development processes through effective leadership and policy advocacy, supported by evidence-based research, capacity building and improved coordination, and piloting innovative approaches for SDGs localization.
Under the supervision of Project’s Team Leader in Islamabad and the Regional Finance and Administrative Manager in Jakarta, the Finance and Administrative Manager in Islamabad will be responsible to manage, monitor and implement the overall aspects of the project’s finance and administration and to ensure its smooth operation in the most effective, efficient and accountable manners. The post will intensively supervise two (2) FAOs in two (2) provinces and provide guidance and technical assistance as needed.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake daily management of field team/staff, financial and administrative aspects of the project;
- Administer the overall donor budget for the project, prepare budget plan and revisions and financial reports in timely manner;
- Develop manual/SOP on project’s finance and administration and develop project’s staff capacities in the finance and administration areas;
- Manage and supervise travel arrangements, project procurement, and consultant/expert contracts in accordance with the agreed procedures and policies;
- Collect and manage supporting documentations for payment, project expenditures and other operational activities;
- Provides annual budgets of expenditure as well as quarterly forecasts against budget statements (accruals, pipelines, etc.) as applicable;
- Develop and maintain reports of status of financial management activities (i.e. monthly and quarterly reporting);
- Develop and submit other project reports necessary and based on registration requirements to local authorities;
- Assist in organizing seminars, consultations, policy dialogues with the government, political parties and other key stakeholders for the project team;
- Organize trainings and other capacity building workshops at national and provincial level;
- Prepare for project’s audit and ensure the overall project’s compliance to the donor’s requirement;
- Maintain and file records, documents and work plans for monitoring of project implementation;
- Manage inventory records in the Project database and coordinate regular inventory audits;
- Any other tasks reasonably assigned by the Project Team Leader in Islamabad and/or the Regional Finance and Administrative Manager in Jakarta.
- Master degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or MBA, or other related fields;
- Has at least 7 (five) years’ experience in project finance and administration or project grant;
- Has experience in working with the government officials at various levels, particularly related to local development and local governance;
- Has working experience in international cooperation development projects, with hands-on experience managing EU projects/programme considered as a strong asset;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data with strong accuracy in working with large amounts of data;
- Possess knowledge of internal controls and audit processes (e.g. procurement, local subcontract agreements, etc);
- Extremely well organized and self-directed with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package with proficiency in MS Office;
- Fluency in written and spoken English with demonstrated report writing skills in English;
- High ethical standards and appropriate professional image with ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints;
- Has strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Experience working under EU Pakistan and/or other international donor projects is preferred;
- Has ability to work in a team and individual supported by good and positive work ethics/attitude and integrity.
How to apply
* Please submit the application Letter and CV in English with the following subject: FAM-LEAD Islamabad
* Submit to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Period of application submission is: 15 – 31 January 2019
* Only the qualified candidates will be contacted.
* Please indicate the salary expectation.