Deadline: 31 January 2019
UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organization (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region. The Secretariat of UCLG ASPAC is located in Jakarta and hosted by the Provincial Government of Jakarta.
UCLG ASPAC’s missions are: (a) to promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members; (b) to ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities; (c) to be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations; (d) to promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance; (e) to promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralized cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations; and (f) to promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
UCLG ASPAC is currently calling for applications from qualified candidate to fill in the post of Finance and Administrative Officers under the European Union (EU) Project (CSO-LA/2018/396-784) on LEAD for SDGs: Local Empowerment, Advocacy and Development for SDGs Localization in Pakistan. The project aims to contribute to the achievement of SDGs in Pakistan by fostering an enabling environment for mainstreaming SDGs in local development processes through effective leadership and policy advocacy, supported by evidence-based research, capacity building and improved coordination, and piloting innovative approaches for SDGs localization
Under the supervision of the Regional and National Finance and Administrative Managers based in the UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta and Islamabad, respectively and the respective Provincial Coordinators, the Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible to undertake daily tasks related to the project’s finance and administration in effective, efficient and accountable manners.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Undertake the daily tasks of financial and administrative aspects of the project;
- Administer the donor budget for their assigned areas, prepare budget plan and revisions and financial reports in timely manner;
- Coordinate travel arrangements, project procurement, and consultant/expert contracts in accordance with the agreed procedures and policies;
- Collect and manage supporting documentations for payment, project expenditures and other operational activities;
- Support the team to prepare annual work and budget plan;
- Support the team to organize Focused Group Discussions (FGDs), training and other capacity building activities;
- Make necessary preparatory arrangement for project team’s meetings and field activities;
- Maintain and file records, documents and work plans for monitoring of project implementation;
- Manage inventory records in the Project database and coordinate regular inventory audits;
- Assist the team with administrative tasks;
- Any other tasks reasonably assigned by the Finance and Administrative Managers and/or Provincial Coordinators.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or other related fields;
- Has at least 4 (four) years’ experience in project finance and administration or project grant;
- Has experience in working with the government officials at various levels, particularly related to local development and local governance;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software package with proficiency in MS Office;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Demonstrated ability in project finance and administrative management;
- Has strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrates detail orientation, proactive attention to outcomes and expectations, and ability to understand and effectively use information and data;
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Experience working under EU Pakistan and/or other international donor projects is preferred.
- Has ability to work in as a team member as well as independently with minimum supervision, with good and positive work ethics/attitude and integrity
How to apply
* Please submit the application Letter and CV in English with the following subject: FAO-LEAD Quetta or FAO-LEAD Karachi
* Submit to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Period of application submission is: 15 – 31 January 2019
* Only the qualified candidates will be contacted.
* Please indicate the salary expectation.