UCLG ASPAC is the united voice and advocate of democratic local self-government, which promotes cooperation between governments and within the wider international communities in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- To promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members.
- To ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities.
- To be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations.
- To promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance.
- To promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralized cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations.
- To promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Decentralized cooperation (cities/local governments to cities/local governments exchange).
- Capacity building and training.
- Research and knowledge management.
- Project development and management