To promote the educational exchanges between Xi’an and cities around Asia-Pacific region, Scholarship Programme was launched by Xi’an Municipal Government to fund civil servants from Asia-Pacific region to study in the city. Xi’an Jiaotong University is one of top ten universities in China and the best university in Xi’an and designated to implement this programme.
Introduction to Xi’an Jiaotong University
Established in 1896, Xi’an Jiaotong University (XJTU) is a National Key University directly administered by the Ministry of Education of China. It is one of the Top 10 Research Universities in China and a member of China’s Ivy League – C9 League. XJTU ranks No.303 on the list of QS World University Rankings 2021 and No.52 on the list of QS Asian University Rankings 2021.
Scholarship Programme for Postgraduate Study
Based on the potential need of public servants from Asia-Pacific region, XJTU has specially recommended English-taught master and doctorate programmes in Management, Economics, Energy and Power.
- International Master/Doctoral Programme in Smart City Management with Big Data
(School of Management, XJTU)
- International Master/Doctorate Programme on Sustainable Development and Public Governance
(School of Public Policy and Administration, XJTU)
- International Master/Doctorate Programme in Applied Economics
(School of Economics and Finance, XJTU)
- International Master/Doctorate Programme in Intelligent Energy and Power
(School of Energy and Power Engineering, XJTU)
- Tuition Fee
- Accommodation Fee
- Stipend (2000 RMB/Month, 12 months a year)
- Comprehensive medical insurance in China
- Application Fee
- Be a citizen from the countries of Asia Pacific region other than the People’s Republic of China;
- be under the age of 35 for Master applicants and 40 for Ph.D applicants;
- be healthy physically and mentally with a physical examination report issued by a local public hospital, and not having any disease or situation listed below:
- diseases prohibited by Chinese Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Laws and Regulations
- other severe chronic diseases like high blood pressure, cardio-cerebrovascular disease, diabetes; psychological diseases; or other Infectious diseases which may harm public health
- In recovery period after major surgery or acute disease attacks
- severe physically challenged
- Be with at least three years’ working experience in government sectors;
- Be a bachelor degree holder when applying for master’s program & be a master degree holder when applying for doctoral program;
- Be Incumbents with relevant educational background and those with working experience to the applied program are preferred;
- Be sufficient In English which meets the academic requirements of the program, be equivalent to IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 80 and above;
- Be with the potential of professional development, and is committed to promoting friendly exchanges and cooperation between the host city and Xi’an, China;
- Be neither studying In China nor being admitted to other scholarship programs provided by Chinese government.
- Applicants shall Submit application both to UCLG ASPAC and XJTU.
- Application to UCLG ASPAC: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application to XJTU:
log In XJTU’s online application system to fill required Information and upload the documents. Select ‘Scholarship ‘ -‘ Other Sources” and type “XIAN -UCLG ASPAC SCHOLARSHIP’ in the Funding part Application system: http://isso.xjtu.edu.cn/recruit/login
- Application submission period: 1st March 2021 – 31st May 2021
- Eligibility review by UCLG AS PAC, XI’AN and XJTU: 1st June 2021 to 15th June 2021
- Academic review by XJTU: 16th June 2021 – 15th July 2021
- Pre-admission confirmation: 16th July – 20th July 2021
- The finaI result released: Around 25th July 2021
- Enrolment & Registration: September 2021 (Refer to the Admission Notice for the specifics)