The United Cities and Local Governments of Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) in collaboration with UNDP invite you to join our Web-Share Series on “COVID-19 and Gender”
This will address how gender equality and women’s empowerment can be instrumental to a more inclusive and effective design of and transition to the new normal, and to learn from ongoing initiatives to support UCLG ASPAC members’ COVID-19 response and recovery strategies.
This session will be joined by:
1) Dr. Bernadia Irawati Tjandradewi, Secretary General, UCLG ASPAC
2) Ms. Khara Jabola-Carolus, Executive Director, Ka Komikina Kūlana Olakino o Nā Wāhine (Hawaiʻi State Commission on the Status of Women)
3) Ms. K. K. Shailaja, Minister of Health, Social Justice, Women and Child, Government of Kerala (tbc)
4) Ms. Hari Prabha Khadgi, Vice Mayor of the Kathmandu Metropolitan City (KMC) (tbc)
5) Ms. Stephany Uy-Tan, City Councillor of Catbalogan, The Philippines
6) Ms. Chong Eng, Penang Exco for Women and Family Development, Gender Inclusiveness and Religions Other Than Islam, Malaysia
7) Ms. Koh Miyaoi, Asia-Pacific Gender Advisor, UNDP Regional Hub for Asia-Pacific.
Date: 26 June 2020
Time: 2-4PM/ Jakarta/ Bangkok Time.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing a Zoom Cloud Meeting link. Please note that the number of participants for this session is limited to 500.
For access to the previous session’s materials, please see this page that is being updated regularly: https://uclg-aspac.org/en/event-index/
Further information and other questions about the webshare please email Helmi Abidin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to UCLG ASPAC to receive our E-Newsletters: https://uclg-aspac.org/en/publication/e-newsletter/