UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organisation (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region.
UCLG ASPAC’s mission is: 1) to promote strong and effective democratic local self-government throughout the region/world by fostering unity and cooperation among members, 2) to ensure the effective political representation of local government to the UN and other international communities, 3) to be the worldwide source of key information on local government, learning, exchange, and capacity building to support democratic local governments and their associations, 4) to promote economic, social, cultural, vocational and environmental development by enhancing the services to the citizens based on good governance, 5) to promote race and gender equality, combating discrimination, promoting decentralised cooperation and international cooperation between local governments and their associations, and 6) to promote twinning and partnership between local governments and peoples.
The post of Regional Project Manager is placed at UCLG ASPAC Secretariat Office in Jakarta. The Post is to manage the regional level projects and ensure the effective and efficient day-to-day project’s’ implementation. S/he covers all substantive and administrative matters and the functioning of the projects from the beginning to the end including projects’ inception and activities, annual and quarterly planning and reporting, and implementation of projects, reviews, and closure. The post reports directly to the Secretary General.
- To be responsible on the deliverable of regional projects’ objectives within time and allocated resources and budgets;
- To ensure a well-coordination with donor agencies and related partners/institutions in multiple countries in the Asia and the Pacific region;
- To establish network and facilitate cross learnings amongst cities local governments at regional level;
- To be responsible in project execution with the strategy, mission, culture and ethics of the organisation;
- To identify the projects’ issues, find innovative solutions and approaches and ensure the exit strategies for sustainability;
- To lead the projects’ team members with positive motivation and energise their internal talents;
- To take part in promoting UCLG ASPAC.
The Project Manager is directly supervised by Secretary General, and supported by projects’ team members. S/he undertakes the following tasks:
- Managerial duties:
- Manage and coordinate projects’ activities, from substantive, administrative and financial points of views, apply strategic planning and systematic coordination of the projects;
- Manage day-to-day project implementation and overall coordination of project outcomes;
- Provide direction and leadership in advocating project objectives and in ensuring that all interested members and parties are well informed about the projects’ activities and goals;
- Identify any support and advice required for the management, plans and control of the project;
- Ensure timely preparation and compilation of the projects’ monthly and annual/quarterly work plan and progress/final substantial and financial reports;
- Prepare weekly reports to the Secretary General and monthly reports to the donors on key projects’ activities, issues and required action points;
- Ensure the quality of outputs and results with optimal monitoring mechanism, establish effective coordination, monitoring, information sharing and reporting systems;
- Manage project administrative, monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Perform any other duties as required from time-to-time as assigned by the Secretary General.
- Functional Duties
- Ensure proper professional relationships with members, relevant national and international partner agencies;
- Establish and maintain relationships and act as the key focal point with donor agencies to ensure that all programming, financial and administrative matters related to the Projects are transparently, expediently and effectively managed;
- Oversee the substantive and financial management of the project in close consultation with the Secretary General;
- Build strategic partnerships by maintaining a network of contacts;
- Ensure the financial procedures followed as requested by the donor agency(ies);
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of proper electronic and paper filing systems;
- Facilitate and corporate with auditor at all time as required;
- Organise and oversee any missions set during the period of the projects;
- Develop and maintain a database of the projects as well as database of stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Preferable Master’s degree in international development, social sciences, public administration, Environmental Sciences, and/or related fields;
- Minimum 10 (ten) years of professional experience in capacity development and working in a similar position in an NGO and/or an International Organisation/ National Corporation;
- Has experiences handle projects with local governments is an assets;
- Has experience in project management, planning and implementation, familiarity with donor funded development project is an asset;
- Has managerial experience in the field of development cooperation including in grant management;
- Has experience in working in an international environment, respecting different cultures and nationalities;
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agency and/or development partner.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English.
- Computer skills:
- Advanced computer skills, particularly MS Office.
- Other skills and competency:
- Exceptional leadership and strong organisation skills;
- Team oriented, decision making, coaching, result and motivating oriented;
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agency(ies) and/or development partners;
- Highly developed communication skills, including ability to draft/edit texts and to articulate ideas in clear, concise style to a variety of audiences, as well as facilitation skills;
- Honest, trustworthy and demonstrate sound work ethics;
- Ability to quickly establish professional rapport with colleagues and other persons;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines required;
- Positive work ethic with a willingness to learn;
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Superior project management and time management skills;
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management;
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally;
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude;
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required;
- Developing weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports of the projects;
- Producing financial reports of the projects;
- Developing monitoring and evaluation system for the projects;
- Producing database of stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- Compiling best practices of the resource and beneficiaries cities and local governments and strategic partners;
- Producing a potential donor mapping and exploring funding and technical support with them;
- Other supporting documents for the projects as required by the donor agency and Secretary General.
- Reached the project outputs and outcomes and impacts;
- Publication of the projects’ results;
- Monitoring and evaluation tools for the projects;
- Donor mapping’s result;
- New project development.
The post is supervised by the Secretary General and supported by project team members.
How to apply:
Please Submit your application letter, state salary expectation and current CV along with cover letter to email@example.com. Fill the email “Subject” Column of the email in the format: <position applied> – <your name>
Closing date: 16 November 2020 (COB 5.00 PM)
Only the qualified candidate(s) will be contacted.