‘Local Empowerment, Advocacy and Development (LEAD) for SDGs localisation in Pakistan’ is a 4-years (2019-23) programme, co-funded by the Delegation of European Union in Pakistan (EU) and United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) to support the Pakistan’s national government and Balochistan and Sindh provincial governments to localise and achieve the 2030 Agenda. This programme is implemented by the UCLG ASPAC, in partnership with its member organisations Association for Development of Local Governance (ADLG), the Local Council Associations of Balochistan (LCAB) and Sindh (LCAS).
The programme supports the Government of Pakistan in mainstreaming and localising the SDGs, in line with National and Provincial Frameworks. The programme is enhancing institutional capacities and strengthening local governments for improved public service delivery for better livelihood of local communities. It shall overall impact on the lives of 61 million residents of the Provinces of Sindh and Balochistan.
Association for Development of Local Governance (hereinafter to as ADLG),a member of UCLG ASPAC in Pakistan, works to ensure that local governments has a strong , credible voices and are able to influence political agenda at national level on the issues that matter to local governance so they are able to deliver local solutions to local and national problems
We are currently calling for applications from qualified candidates to fill in the post of a Programme Coordinator at LEAD for SDG Programme based in Islamabad.
Under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer of the Association for Development of Local Governance (ADLG) and the Team Leader LEAD for SDGS Programme, the Programme Coordinator will work closely with the member of UCLG ASPAC to implement programme at national level and coordinate with the key partner of LEAD, the Local Council Associations of Sindh (LCAS), Local Council Associations of Balochistan (LCAB), Local Governments and key strategic partners.
- Manage and strengthen the ADLG to deliver key targets agreed with the board and membership, in line with the objectives of the Pakistan LEAD for SDGs Programme.
- Ensure successful planning, delivery and monitoring of United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) LEAD for SDGs activities in Islamabad and support activities in Sindh and Balochistan Province.
- Ensure effective management of finances and administration of the ADLG in line with EC, UCLG ASPAC and ADLG policy and procedures.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer and other UCLG ASPAC staff to identify opportunities for funding leverage in the region and work closely with other members of the programme and policy team to secure new sources of co-funding.
- To undertake other functions as may reasonably be required.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Team Leader – LEAD for SDGS Programme and Coordinators, Sindh and Balochistan to:
- Ensure the sustainable growth and development of ADLG and manage the effective implementation of the EU funded Pakistan Programme “LEAD for SDGs” to Localizing the SDGs.
- Raise the profile of ADLG as the national voice of local governments in Pakistan.
- Work with the members and Board members of the ADLG to update the strategic priorities of the Organisation’s and develop and implement an annual work plan.
- Organize and ensure the success of national policy events.
- Promote and ensure dialogue between ADLG, national and provincial governments.
- Work alongside and provide support to LEAD for SDGs Programme in Islamabad, Sindh and Balochistan.
- Improve visibility of the ADLG through improved advocacy and establishment and
- regular updating social media and the website.
- Oversee regular Board and various committee elections, and provide ongoing support, advice and guidance to Board and Committee Members.
- Ensure effective management of ADLG finances and accounts.
- Strengthen the financial sustainability of the ADLG by developing and implementing a membership strategy, securing membership fees from the members and leveraging new sources of finance.
- Develop and implement a strategy for long-term financial sustainability of the ADLG.
- Undertake such other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
- Provide advice and assist in the preparation and implementation of Programme events/meetings.
- Contribute to the development of advocacy and research to support work to strengthen understanding and profile of local government and ADLG in Pakistan
- Maintain a good overview of current affairs and political developments particularly relating to local governments in Pakistan and around the world and provide national and provincial level advice in terms of follow-up, eg as part of the UCLG ASPAC advocacy agenda.
- Develop all kind of formats for reporting and monitoring in consultation with the M&E Manager.
- Make periodic/monthly monitoring visits to the field and target areas to ensure smooth and timely implementation of the project activities and to provide technical assistance and troubleshoot along with staff.
- Facilitate in conducting mid-term and end-term evaluations.
- Adhere to the Organisation’s policies/procedures including finance, human resources, security, procurement and logistics, and ensure staff compliance.
- Prepare monthly forecasts and quarterly cost based workplans and manage finances in accountable and transparent manners.
- Reconcile the financial and petty cash expense on the monthly basis and prepare the financial reports.
- Manage the financial records and make it available for monitoring and audit purposes
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisors
Working Conditions & Travel:
- The position is based in Islamabad with expected travel to field sites and partly travel to ADLG Office at Lahore.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent from Higher Education Commission recognized university in the field of development, planning, finance and/or social sciences.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- At least, 7 years of past experience at the managerial level with proven record of effective programme management in a reputable national or international organisation.
- The candidates with strong past experiences on Local Governance, Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and Rural Development shall be given preference.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office (word, excel, outlook express, internet, power point) and preferably project management software.
- Proven experience of managing medium-sized teams.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills in Urdu and English. Knowledge of local languages, Sindhi shall be an asset.
- Ability to translate data from local language to English or Urdu
- Experience of planning, organizing and delegating work.
- Time management skills and qualitative report writing experience.
- Experience of working in communities and building collaborative relationships.
- Ability to work in stressful conditions and remote geographical areas.
- Having organisational commitment, personal integrity, ability to work with diverse groups of people and respect for others.
How to apply:
Please Submit your application letter, state salary expectation and current CV along with cover letter to “firstname.lastname@example.org” and copied to “email@example.com”
Fill the email “Subject” Column of the email in the format: <position applied> – <your name>
Closing date: 15th of October 2020 (COB 5.00 PM)
Only the qualified candidate(s) will be contacted.