ASEAN Mayors Forum
The ASEAN Mayors Forum (AMF) has the foresight to allow the provincial, regent and cities leaders to establish a platform which is geared towards accelerating the sub-regional integration process in the region. Not only can local governments leaders share their experiences (including best practices) and network with each other, they can even engage in important collective actions such as providing feedback to the national governments and ASEAN Secretariat.
AMF facilitates the cooperation amongst cities and local governments at ASEAN level. It has received an accreditation from ASEAN and is the only network of local governments affiliated with ASEAN.
United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the association of cities and local governments in Asia-Pacific. It is the largest regional section of UCLG, and links with more than 10,000 cities and local governments. UCLG ASPAC has its South East Asian Committee and serves as the ASEAN Mayors Forum’s Secretariat.
Following the ASEAN Mayors Forum Agenda and its implementation, UCLG ASPAC is inviting professional and dynamic people to fill in the newly opened position of Programme Coordinator for ASEAN MAYORS FORUM (AMF) with one (1) year contract period (extendable).
Objective and Goals:
The Programme Coordinator provides programme support as it pertains to AMF Agenda implementation and a focal person for ASEAN Mayors Forum’s Secretariat. Through excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, she/he is able to expand the overall positive impact of the ASEAN Mayor’s Forum (AMF) activities to the members.
Scope of Works/Key Duties
- Work closely with the ASEAN Secretariat.
- Coordinate meetings and report writing for following up the AMF agenda.
- Develop communication strategy with members and partner related to the AMF activities.
- Coordinate content development for external communications pieces about the AMF Agenda
- Maintain excellent relationships with recipients; be alert to additional need for support to achieve the scope of work provided.
- Work effectively with donors/members and be responsive to their requests for information and follow up the agendas.
- Develop and manage AMF work plans and budget in liaison with technical team.
- Closely monitor progress toward achieving work plan target, budget tracking and quality reporting.
- Work closely with the Finance Accounting Manager and Operations Manager to track programme budgets and ensure that programme finances and documentation are according to UCLG ASPAC’s standard.
- Ensure all finance and administration side of the AMF programme activities follow the UCLG ASPAC and donor requirements.
- Troubleshoot to prevent and resolve potential programmatic problems.
Operations management – logistics
- Design, establish and maintain an activity filing system for administration procurement, and logistics resources documents and ensure quick retrieval of files when needed.
- Managing logistic support for ASEAN Mayors Forum Agenda and Activities.
- Perform other administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope for this post as directed by the Secretary General.
- Bachelor’s Degree, advance degree preferred in International Relations, Communication, Public Administration, Business Administration and/or related fields.
- Minimum 3 (three) years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience, advance, experience in program management and arranging an international event will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience working with local governments, multi-donor agency and/or development partners.
- Working experience in international cooperation development projects and/or city to city cooperation is a plus
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Other skills and competency:
- Good interpersonal skills, teamwork and excellent analytical, oral and report writing, and interpersonal skills.
- Robust knowledge in ASEAN issues.
- Excellent verbal, written report, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, following procedures, meeting deadlines and working and problem-solving independently and cooperatively.
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team.
- Be willing to travel during the project’s implementation when required.
For more details please click here