United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the biggest regional section of the United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), with its Secretariat based in Jakarta, Indonesia. UCLG is a worldwide association of local governments, and is the officially recognised voice of local governments by the United Nations. UCLG ASPAC has linkages to more than 7,000 local governments. It represents well over 3.76 billion people – more than half of the world population – and incorporates fast economically developing countries such as China, India, and Indonesia.
UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia-Pacific region. It promotes democratic local government, supports cooperation between cities, local governments and their associations, and facilitates programmes, networks and partnerships to develop the capacity of local governments and associations. UCLG ASPAC represents local governments politically within the international community, and with the United Nations and its agencies. It also promotes inclusive societies which safeguard equality, social, and economic justice, and sustainable community development. UCLG ASPAC is engaged in all relevant thematic fields for nurturing sustainable development, such as poverty alleviation, climate change, disaster resiliency, culture, strategic planning, decentralisation, local finance, gender equality, women leadership and empowerment, as well as good governance.
UCLG ASPAC is looking for a qualified Member Services Coordinator (MSC) with a period of 1 (one) year and a possible extension to manage the Member Services Division in implementing the planned activities, and improving the outreach and effectiveness of the Division.
Objectives and Goals:
1. To develop strategies and implement the tasks and role of Member Services Division, including the implementation of its programmes and activities;
2. To expand the memberships of UCLG ASPAC and its outreach;
3. To support the development of profile of member services and plan to attract potential members and maintain the existing members;
4. To conduct the promotion of UCLG ASPAC activities to existing members, potential members and partners.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree is required.
- Direct experience working in membership services for an association is highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 (five) year experience in a similar position in an association and/or development sectors.
- Demonstrated experience working with cities and local governments, multi-donor agencies, and/or development partners.
For more details, please click here