UCLG ASPAC has a role to provide a platform for responsible, young people to shape the development of the urban future they want and themselves be the agents of change. We accept expressions of interests for the internship programme from university students all over the world, including Indonesia. The interns will be placed at the UCLG ASPAC’s Secretariat Office in Jakarta, Indonesia, and is expected to provide support to the on-going operations of the Secretariat.
In the past years, dedicated interns from various countries have joined the Secretariat, coming from a variety of educational backgrounds – from international relations to public administration, and from urban planning to social culture. They were assigned to different divisions including Strategic Services, Communications and Information, and Member Services to support the work of the Secretariat.
The candidate must:
- Be at least in the 6th semester of his/her undergraduate programme or postgraduate programme in the fields of development, urban/regional planning, business administration, public administration, international relations, environmental, computer science and/or related areas.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.0).
- Possess excellent English speaking and writing skills.
- Be actively participate in extracurricular activities.
- Be proactive and determined.
- Have good computer software skills (basic Microsoft applications and relevant software).
- Be willing to relocate to Jakarta and conduct the internship at his/her own expense.
Assignments and expected outputs
Under direct supervision of the Secretary-General and Strategic Services Manager, the intern is expected to perform the following tasks:
- To support research on need assessment for UCLG ASPAC members.
- To compiled projects and researches on development studies from various resources, incl. UN agencies, international NGOs, and UCLG ASPAC members in addition to support donor mapping activities.
- To assist in collecting and updating database of UCLG ASPAC members.
- To support the preparation of material for UCLG ASPAC publications.
- To provide assistance to updating materials for publication in the official website of UCLG ASPAC.
- To provide support to any UCLG ASPAC’s projects in seminars, workshops, conferences, and/or ASPAC related events where applicable.
- To support the development of mobile application of UCLG ASPAC
At the end of the internship, the following outputs are expected:
- A final report detailing the intern’s experience and works assigned in the different ASPAC focus areas.
- A report detailing the outcomes of the various seminars, workshops or conferences attended (where applicable).
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit an updated CV with a motivation letter to the Communication & Information Division at firstname.lastname@example.org citing the subject: Internship.
Lists of interns (since 2014)
- Ginani Hening Utami, Bachelor of Architecture, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia
- Tania Latifa, Bachelor of International Relations, University of Paramadina, Indonesia
- Mizalfia Nursabrina, Bachelor of Law, University of Padjadjaran, Indonesia
- Dhiya Rihadatul Aisy, Bachelor of International Relations, University of Brawijaya, Malang, Indonesia
- Viola Petrella, Master of Science in Urban Design and City Planning, University College London
- Hanh Huynh, Bachelor of International Relations, PR & Education (Major), Environmental Science (Minor), Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia
- Maria Shenen Alfelor Gazmen, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Enderun Colleges, Taguig, Philippines
- Siti Rizqi Ashfina Rahmadina Siregar, Bachelor of International Relations, University of Indonesia
- Nathaya Anandipa, Bachelor of International Relations, University of Parahyangan Catholic, Bandung, Indonesia
- Dino Cahyadi, Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia
- Amalia Putri, Bachelor of Law, University of Indonesia
- Adinda Angelica, Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning, Bandung Institute of Technology, Bandung, Indonesia
- Giovanni Urru, Bachelor of Law, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
- Brendan Webster: the Australian National University, Australia
- Heather Mofflin: University of Melbourne, Australia
- Leila Cabiac: Sciences Po Lille, France
- Roma Xiong: University of Tasmania, Australia
- Candice Chesterfield: University of Sunshine Coast, Australia
- Inti Dohle: Glasgow School of Art, UK
- Melody Zhang Yishuhan: Guangdong University of Foreign Study, People’s Republic of China
- Nicole Ng: University of Technology Sidney, Australia
- Seenying Lau: University of Adelaide, Australia
- Shirley Xie Yuanlie: Univeriti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Danang Aditya Nizar: University of Queensland, Australia
- Fang Zhou: Cultural Institution Management, Sciences Po Lille, France
- Ita Safitri: University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Kang Eun-Sook: University of Seoul, Rep. of Korea
- Niken Budi Astuti: University of Padjajaran, Indonesia
- Nurussakinah: University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Macreadie-Smith Madeleine: Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia
- MarshiellaPandji: University of Wisconsin-Madison, U.S.A.
- Ran Yagasa: International University of Japan, Japan
- Raysa Prima Annisa: University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Sherly Tricia Ningsih: University of Indonesia, Indonesia
- Sairindri Christisabrina: Bilkent University, Turkey
- Vidyana Putri: Airlangga University, Indonesia