UCLG ASPAC is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Governments (UCLG), an amalgamation of International Union of Local Authorities (IULA), United Towns Organization (UTO), and World Association of the Major Metropolises (METROPOLIS). UCLG was established on 1 January 2004 and is headquartered in Barcelona, Spain. Following this unification, UCLG ASPAC was established in Taipei on 14 April 2004, as the new entity of IULA ASPAC. UCLG ASPAC is the key knowledge management hub on local government issues in the Asia Pacific region.
8th UCLG ASPAC Congress and International Conference on “From Steady Recovery to Sustained Prosperity in Post COVID Asia Pacific”
The United Cities and Local Governments Asia Pacific (UCLG ASPAC) is the largest regional section of United Cities and Local Government. Its members – representing local administrative and political leadership from cities and local governments across Asia Pacific – have set a high priority on achieving the SDGs by 2030 and have been working with partners from around the world to accelerate its localisation. UCLG ASPAC Secretariat and its members have also been active in strengthening cooperation and building resilience to control the COVID-19 pandemic in the Asia Pacific region.
This year, UCLG ASPAC will organise the 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress in conjunction with an International Conference titled “From Steady Recovery to Sustained Prosperity in Post COVID Asia Pacific.” The event will be co-hosted by the Zhengzhou Municipal People’s Government and the Chinese People’s Association for Friendship with Foreign Countries (CPAFFC) with the support of UCLG ASPAC strategic partners in the region. It will be held virtually from 7 to 9 September 2021.
The 8th UCLG ASPAC Congress and International Conference will have four main objectives:
- to promote sustainable development through city- and local government-led actions in Asia-Pacific region;
- to drive sustained prosperity and well-being in Post-COVID-19 Asia and the Pacific;
- to officially adopt the UCLG ASPAC Manifesto 2021-2025, and;
- to conduct UCLG ASPAC Statutory Meeting – the UCLG ASPAC Executive Bureau and Council Meeting.
The UCLG ASPAC Congress is a major gathering of cities and local governments’ leaders in Asia and the Pacific. Apart from UCLG ASPAC members, the event draws a broad spectrum of local stakeholders, civil society groups, national government agencies, international organisations, development institutions, private sector, policy makers and opinion shapers. It is expected that more than 500 participants including prominent figures from across the Asia Pacific region will take part in and virtually attend the 3-day event.
In order to support this meeting, UCLG ASPAC is call for an application for Event Management Firm to manage the events and activities. The Firm will support UCLG ASPAC Secretariat office team to implement this planned activity.
The Duties of Event Management Firm:
· Management of the entire logistical and organizational aspects of events, from identification of video conference equipment, installation, and operator staff.
· Arrange for smooth and uninterrupted internet connection, sound system and stage and backdrop for the Congress event.
· Arrange generator for back-up power support and projector/multi-media, internet fiber bandwith min. 100.000 mbps or above and others.
· Submit the strategy of the event with time frame and its impact.
· Video and photography documentation of the Congress event.
· Provide staffing to support the hybrid event.
· Ensure logistics support for special guests.
· Design graphic content (frame, bumpers, transition, others).
Previous experience in organizing hybrid/virtual meetings with international participants.
Day of the event: 9 September 2021 (the contract will be determinded later on)
For more details please click here