Blended Learning Course for Local Governments:
Localising Human Rights in the SDGs Process
Collaboration between RWI, UCLG ASPAC and The City of Gwangju Government
- Application deadline: 29 February 2020
- Number of participants: 20
- Online Course: 16 March-24 April
- Face to face: Gwangju South Korea, 16-20 May 2020
- Online Consultation: June-Dec 2020
DOWNLOAD HERE for more information and Registration Form
Local governments play a key role in realising both sustainable development goals and human rights. This BLC is aimed at introducing the concepts, experiences, and network on localising human rights in the SDGs process to the local governments across Asia Pacific, members of UCLG ASPAC. This course will combine online and face to face approach and will be enriched by the participation at selected sessions in the annual event of the world human rights cities forum.
This BLC is organized jointly by RWI Regional Asia Programmes with UCLG ASPAC and the City of Gwangju as a follow up of the letter of intents that was signed by RWI and UCLG ASPAC in 2018 and the memorandum of understanding that was signed by RWI, UCLG ASPAC, and the City of Gwangju in 2019.
Specific objectives of the course are:
- To increase knowledge and networks of local government across Asia Pacific on localising human rights in the SDGs’ process.
- To increase the accessibility of resources for local government to localize human rights in the SDGs process in their respective jurisdiction.
- To provide inputs for the programme development of RWI, UCLG ASPAC, and the City of Gwangju.
- Send your application letter to the training firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2020.
- The application form can be found in the attachment
- The selection committee will select 20 participants which are as much as possible can represent equally gender, region, etc, and have high commitment & contribution to the successfulness of the training aims. The selection result will be announced by 13 March 2020.
- The organiser will be responsible for providing airfare, accommodation, meals, and local transportation during the training.
Activities and Timeline
|Application||Until 29 February 2020|
|Selection announcement||By 13 March 2020|
|Online course||16 March – 24 April 2020|
|Logistic arrangement||until 8 May|
|Face to face course in Gwangju||15 – 21 May 2020|
|Online Consultation||1 June – 18 December 2020|